ARTFORMS MUSIC CONNECT CPD
MUSIC CONNECT, delivered by ArtForms, supports Leeds City Council schools and academies to deliver a rich and engaging music curriculum. Through our offer we are able to support schools through all stages of curriculum development to guide pupils to reach their potential.
Our CPD programme this year includes exciting vocal workshops with Sing Up and Mark de Lisser and further support for Primary schools in using Charanga. Do take a look at our offer here.
Funding and offers
Music Connect receives funding from LMEP, the Leeds Music Education Partnership (of which ArtForms is the lead partner), which enables us to offer the programme to Leeds Schools and Academies at no charge.
Any school accessing any of the following services will be described as a Music Connect School.
During the academic year 2017-18, Music Connect schools can access:
- Professional development opportunities for teachers and supporting staff, delivered by music specialists.
- Network meetings to support and guide Primary Music leaders
- Bespoke advice and guidance sessions in your school (1 hour per school free, extra time can be purchased)
- Access to Charanga, the online music resource designed to support non-specialists to deliver the music curriculum
- Priority access to additional Music Connect events
- Priority access to instrument hire linked to CPD training
- Centrally developed resources designed to support the delivery of the Music Curriculum
- Email updates of national, regional and local developments in Music
Music Connect is now on Leeds for Learning!
All CPD courses must be booked via the Leeds for Learning website.
In-school training is also available to purchase. To book a 1:1 guidance session in your school, or enquire about Charanga or other services noted above, please contact Paula.Brookes@leeds.gov.uk
All courses are subsidised in full by Leeds Music Education Partnership for all practitioners working in maintained, academy and free schools within the Leeds LA area. (Please note that there is a charge for freelance practitioners or schools, academies and other organisations working outside the Leeds LA area.) All course-leaders have high levels of expertise within their area and a delegate pack will be provided with all the resources utilised during the course. Some of the previous resources are also downloadable from here.