ARTFORMS MUSIC CONNECT CPD
Learn – Play – Sing – Enjoy!
MUSIC CONNECT, delivered by ArtForms, supports Leeds City Council schools and academies to deliver a rich and engaging music curriculum. Through our offer we are able to support schools through all stages of curriculum development to guide pupils to reach their potential.
Spring Term excitement has hit Music Connect!
We are launching three exciting projects for schools – the Leeds Super Singing Challenge, Leeds Samba Too and Build a Band.
Does your school have what it takes to be the best singing school in Leeds? If so, join in our Singing Challenge and win up to £100 worth of Singing resources. This is open to all Leeds Primary Schools and runs throughout the Spring term.
If Samba is more your thing, then sign up for Leeds Samba Too! which culminates in a celebration performance on Tuesday 11th July. Priority booking is available for those schools who took part in Big Samba last year although we anticipate a high demand for places. We’re also expanding the Secondary element of Leeds Samba Too – we’re looking to work with 4 schools this year, please contact Paula Brookes (email@example.com) for further information.
Our final offer this term is the Build a Band project for Secondary schools who wish to develop their KS3 provision. We’ve got instruments, we’ve got resources, we’ve got CPD – we just need you!
Funding and offers
Music Connect receives funding from LMEP, the Leeds Music Education Partnership (of which ArtForms is the lead partner), which enables us to offer the programme to Leeds Schools and Academies at no charge.
Any school accessing any of the following services will be described as a Music Connect School.
During the academic year 2016-17, Music Connect Schools can access:
- Professional development opportunities for teachers and supporting staff, delivered by music specialists.
- Network meetings to support and guide Primary Music Co-ordinators
- Bespoke advice and guidance sessions in your school (1 hour per school free, extra time can be purchased)
- Access to Charanga, the online music resource designed to support non-specialists to deliver the music curriculum
- Priority access to additional Music Connect events (such as Big Samba 2016, Sing for Sport)
- Priority access to instrument hire linked to CPD training
- Centrally developed resources designed to support the delivery of the Music Curriculum
- Email updates of national, regional and local developments in Music
Music Connect is now on Leeds for Learning!
In-school training is also available to purchase. To book a 1:1 guidance session in your school, or enquire about Charanga or other services noted above, please contact Paula.Brookes@leeds.gov.uk
All courses are subsidised in full by Leeds Music Education Partnership for all practitioners working in maintained, academy and free schools within the Leeds LA area. (Please note that there is a charge for freelance practitioners or schools, academies and other organisations working outside the Leeds LA area.) All course-leaders have high levels of expertise within their area and a delegate pack will be provided with all the resources utilised during the course.