An In-School Music Performance for Key Stage 1 – available in the Spring term
Leeds International Piano Competition began in 1963 and is globally renowned for celebrating the piano. The organisation is also committed to providing musical experiences which utilise the magical instrument of the piano as a tool for teaching and inspiring pupils. From January 2022 Leeds International Piano Competition and Manic Chord Theatre are thrilled to be delivering an innovative and theatrical Music experience which is available now to book for your Key Stage 1 pupils. This is facilitated by Leeds Music Education Partnership led by ArtForms.
During this memorable and spectacular in-school experience your pupils will:
- Learn about the core elements of music – pitch, tempo, dynamics and more
- Experience and engage with a national curriculum enhancing performance
- Be immersed in a magical and memorable adventure
- Discover the piano in a playful and enjoyable story
- Be encouraged to play, understand and respond to music
- Take part in a Covid-safe interactive and participatory workshop
- Develop listening and language skills
- Attend an educational and enjoyable event within your own school setting, no need to travel
Here is a promo video to give you a flavour of the performance:
Leeds Music Education Partnership have generously agreed to support the project through their Innovative Activity Funding. 15 schools can now apply for £250 support though LMEP to match a school’s contribution of £250 which will cover the cost for both a performance and two accompanying workshops (additional workshops costing £50 per class).
The whole of Key Stage 1 can watch and participate in the performance should restrictions allow. The theatre company will bring along their specially adapted piano so please bare this in mind for access into the performance space.
If you would like to book the performance for your school please send an expression of interest with three potential dates from the relevant timetable below to firstname.lastname@example.org. Places will be allocated on a first come first served basis:
w/c 10th January 2022
w/c 17th January 2022
w/c 24th January 2022