Primary Art Network: a free online twilight for Leeds schools
Networks include local and national updates and a short input on an aspect of the Art curriculum.
Art, Craft and Design: subject knowledge and skills development – Sculpture
This session is being delivered in partnership with Alison Smith from the Henry Moore Institute. The training will include:
- a range of practical activities, using a variety of materials
- developing a sculpture topic from initial ideas to a final piece;
- consideration of practical and theoretical knowledge and how this is mapped across key stages;
- explore the use of sketchbooks when working in 3D and how these can be used to inform assessment.
We will also be exploring and working with artwork in the Henry Moore Institute and Leeds Art Gallery.
D&T: subject knowledge and skills development – Textiles
This session is being delivered in partnership with Caroline Bunce from the M&S Company Archive, based at the University of Leeds. The training will include:
- An overview of textiles and how it fits into the D&T Programme of Study
- A range of practical activities;
- An exploration of progression in textiles across key stages;
- Reference to designers.
We will also be able to access the resources within the archive as a way of investigating products.
If you have any questions about the training, please email firstname.lastname@example.org