Schools often get in touch with us to ask about bringing an artist into school to work with pupils as a way of developing and enhancing the curriculum. Take a look at the Artists in Schools page which has a selection of some of the local practitioners, across a range of art forms, that work in Leeds. There is a description of the things that they offer and their contact details.
If you are looking for inspiration about how you can work with an artist or arts organisation, we always like to share good practice through the articles on Leeds for Learning. Here are some for you to look at:
- Wellness writing workshops at Beeston Primary
- Landscape Colouring Book…made by Leeds pupils!
- Letting culture loose in Leeds schools
- Shakespeare Primary School pupils help design a room in Leeds Art Hostel
- Pupils discover the untold stories of Burmantofts and New Briggate
- Greenmount Primary pupils bring their school logo to life using textiles
- Blackgates Primary School part of Yorkshire Sculpture International
To help you organise bringing an artist into school, IVE have put a six step guide together which covers all the essentials that you need to know.
If you have any examples of artists working in your school that you would like to share, please get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
Image credit: The Princess Show, Cusan Theatre