Trio Globo takes you on a trip around the world in music, dance and song. Playing accordion, violin, clarinet, saxophone and a wide variety of percussion, they explore how music has grown out of the traditions of different countries. They bring a suitcase packed with percussion for audience participation, as well as songs and dances to try. Not just hands on, but feet and voices too! A Powerpoint brings visual images and links the journey to Geography, R.E. and P.S.E.
Their hour-long show covers:
- exploring pulse
- listening for different textures and timbres
- moving to music
- exploring different metres
- listening and comparing music of different genres
- identifying families of instruments and world instruments
KS3 and 4
- we can offer workshops for small groups exploring improvisation and composition using as stimulus traditional styles from around the world.
Violin – Gill Pearson
Clarinet/Sax – Mary Plumb
Accordion – Pete Rosser