Music Connect supports Leeds City Council schools and academies to deliver a rich and engaging music curriculum. Through funding from the Leeds Music Education Partnership (LMEP), Leeds schools and academies can access the programme at no charge
During the academic year 2019-20, Music Connect schools can access:
1. Professional development opportunities for teachers and supporting staff, delivered by music specialists.
2. Network meetings to support Music Leaders in primary and secondary schools
4. Bespoke advice and guidance sessions in your school (1 hour per school free, extra time can be purchased)
5. Access to Charanga, the online music resource designed to support non-specialists to deliver the music curriculum
6. Priority access to additional Music Connect events
7. Priority access to instrument hire linked to CPD training
8. Centrally developed resources designed to support the delivery of the Music National Curriculum
9. Email updates of national, regional and local developments in Music
“Really inspirational to link singing with every curriculum subject and everyday routines and activities, thanks you!” – Leeds Deputy Headteacher
Details of the Music Connect professional development opportunities for teachers and support staff can be found here. Sessions include:
• Skills development sessions
• Cross Curriculum development
• In depth Curriculum training
For further information about Music Connect, including in-school training and support,or you have any queries, please contact Paula Brookes by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone: 0113 378 2850.
Find us on social media!
Facebook: Leeds Music Education Partnership