Music Connect supports Leeds City Council schools and academies to deliver a rich and engaging music curriculum. Through funding from the Leeds Music Education Partnership (LMEP), Leeds schools and academies can access the programme at no charge.
During the academic year 2020-21, Music Connect schools can access:
- Professional development opportunities for teachers and supporting staff, delivered by music specialists. Click here to see our catalogue of CPD opportunities for 2020-21.
- Network meetings to support Primary Music Leaders
- Network meetings to support Secondary Music Leaders
- Bespoke advice and guidance sessions in your school (1 hour per school per year, extra time can be purchased). This meeting will usually take place with the Music Leader or SLT. Unfortunately it cannot be used as a Staff Training session
- Access to Charanga and Sing Up, online music resources designed to support non-specialists to deliver the music curriculum
- Priority access to additional Music Connect events
- Priority access to instrument hire linked to CPD training
- Centrally developed resources designed to support the delivery of the Music Curriculum
- Email updates of national, regional and local developments in Music
“Really inspirational to link singing with every curriculum subject and everyday routines and activities, thank you!” – Leeds Deputy Headteacher
• Skills development sessions;
• Cross Curriculum development;
• In depth Curriculum training.
For further information about Music Connect, including in-school training and support, or you have any queries, please contact Paula Brookes by email: email@example.com or by telephone: 0113 378 2850.
Click below to find us on social media!