Music Connect, delivered by ArtForms, supports Leeds City Council schools and academies to deliver a rich and engaging music curriculum. Through our offer we are able to support schools through all stages of curriculum development to guide pupils to reach their potential.
Music Connect receives funding from the Leeds Music Education Partnership (LMEP), which enables us to offer the programme to Leeds schools and academies at no charge. Our CPD programme this year includes exciting vocal workshops with Sing Up and Craig Lees and further support for Primary schools in using Charanga. Do take a look at details of our offer here.
During the academic year 2019-20, Music Connect schools can access:
1. Professional development opportunities for teachers and supporting staff, delivered by music specialists.
2. Network meetings to support Primary Music Leaders
3. Network meetings to support Secondary Music Leaders
4. Bespoke advice and guidance sessions in your school (1 hour per school free, extra time can be purchased)
5. Access to Charanga, the online music resource designed to support non-specialists to deliver the music curriculum
6. Priority access to additional Music Connect events
7. Priority access to instrument hire linked to CPD training
8. Centrally developed resources designed to support the delivery of the Music Curriculum
9. Email updates of national, regional and local developments in Music
If you are interested in becoming a Music Connect school, please contact email@example.com