Music Connect provides a programme of network groups, CPD and events designed specifically for Music leaders and non-specialist teachers. It was created specifically to support all schools in Leeds in delivering high quality Music education. Music Connect is delivered by ArtForms who are always available for any queries regarding your school Music curriculum. We work with schools through all stages of curriculum development with the aim of facilitating all pupils to reach their musical potential.
Music Connect receives funding from LMEP, the Leeds Music Education Partnership, which enables ArtForms, the lead partner, to offer the programme to Leeds Schools and Academies at no charge.
During the academic year 2023-24, the programme comprises:
- Professional development opportunities for teachers and supporting staff, delivered by music specialists
- Network meetings to support Primary Music Leaders
- Network meetings to support Secondary Music Leaders
- Updates of national, regional and local developments in Music
- Bespoke advice and guidance sessions in your school (1 hour per school per year, extra time can be purchased). This meeting will usually take place with the Music Leader or SLT. Unfortunately it cannot be used as a Staff Training session
- Access to Charanga, Sing Up, or Sparkyard from Out of the Ark which are online music resources designed to support non-specialists to deliver the music curriculum
- Priority access to additional Music Connect events
- Priority access to instrument hire linked to CPD training
- Centrally developed resources designed to support the delivery of the Music Curriculum
Schools are permitted to send up to two delegates to each of the sessions from the calendar, subject to availability.
All training sessions are subject to change and will be regularly updated.
Unless otherwise stated, please book your chosen sessions via www.LeedsforLearning.co.uk
In-school training is chargeable at £210 per session for up to 1.5 hours.
Schools and colleagues outside of Leeds are charged at the following rates:
Twilight sessions: £85
Half day sessions: £130
In the event of cancellation by the school, ArtForms reserves the right to collect fees according to the following guidelines: 5 days or more before delivery is scheduled – the fee is waived; 4 days or less before delivery is scheduled – 100% of full fee. This is applicable to all institutions regardless of subsidy.
Details of the Music Connect professional development opportunities for teachers and support staff for 2023-24 can be found here.
For further information about Music Connect, including in-school training and support, or you have any queries, please contact Sam Mercer, Music Curriculum Support Manager: Sam.Mercer@leeds.gov.uk
Find us on social media!