Last academic year LMEP submitted a comprehensive annual Data Return to the Arts Council about music provision across our city. As a result Leeds has been rated as minor risk, the best rating that the Arts Council awards. £1.2 million of funding has now been secured to continue implementing the National Plan for Music in 2018/19.
LMEP’s strengths include:
- Effectively engaging with 95% of schools (national average 89%)
- Providing relevant CPD through Music Connect and LLP
- Strong WCET provision (where a whole class learns to play an instrument together)
- Instrumental continuation rates growing year on year
- Ensemble provision expanding
- Supporting 80% of schools with singing strategies (national average 70%)
Retaining Arts Council confidence in LMEP will ensure that levels of funding are maintained in the years to come. We’d like your help once again to ensure that our next Data Return reflects the true picture of music making in all Leeds schools. This year we’re asking for a mid-year snapshot rather than an end of year return.
Please return this form (pdf) to firstname.lastname@example.org or ArtForms, Pudsey Civic Hall, Dawson’s Corner, Leeds, LS28 5TA.