ArtForms would like to remind you about this year’s digital offer from Leeds Music Education Partnership (LMEP) where schools can choose one of three digital platforms to support the delivery of their Music curriculum.
As per last year, schools have a choice between membership to Sing Up, or a licence for either Charanga or Sparkyard from Out of the Ark. Each Leeds primary school is entitled to one of the three platforms, fully subsidised by LMEP for the 2022-23 academic year.
Thank you to all those schools who have already submitted their preference. Your requests have been processed over the summer holiday.
New licences/memberships start on the 1st October 2022 and last for one year. The original deadline for schools to submit their preference was 22nd July. To maximise the number of schools who can access this opportunity we are extending this deadline.
To order the platform you wish to use for the next academic year please email LMEP.ArtForms@leeds.gov.uk by Friday 23rd September 2022. Applications after this deadline will be subject to availability.
Here is a summary of what each platform offers –
- Charanga membership provides a vast library of resources, songs, instrumental courses and creative apps.
- These include two week by week schemes of primary schools for a full year. Their latest scheme is informed by the Model Music Curriculum.
- The schemes come with lesson plans showing clear progression and interactive resources for every lesson.
- This platform provides the resources and support to enable non-specialist teachers to deliver Music lessons independently.
- Sing Up has an extensive catalogue of established and commercially successful songs expertly arranged for young voices.
- The songs come with high quality backing and performance tracks as well as sheet music and an interactive white board mode.
- Membership gives you access to all their songs as well as teaching resources and support materials including their new Sing Up Music Units for every year group.
- This is not only excellent for teaching but also to provide material and accompaniment for singing assemblies.
- The breadth of the Sing Up catalogue is a real selling point.
- Out of the Ark write their own excellent songs specifically for schools.
- The songs are designed to be both age appropriate, and, musically appropriate in terms of the level of challenge.
- Their catalogue includes bespoke songs for all areas of the curriculum, and for assemblies and school productions.
- Their new package allows members to have universal access to their entire song catalogue and also offers curriculum ideas, lesson plans and listening activities.
Each of these three packages have something different to offer to support schools.
We have a finite number of licences for each platform and they will be allocated on a first come first served basis.