ArtForms Music, through funding from the Leeds Music Education Partnership, have developed a new project: Tap! Ding! Clap Sing!. The aim of the project is to support and develop the provision of music in EYFS in every school in Leeds. It is designed for Early Years teachers, who may not be music specialists.
As part of the project, every school in Leeds will receive a song book (with accompanying video footage); a full class set of percussion instruments and a CPD session. Schools can access the CPD sessions at:
- 10th March – Farsley Springbank Primary School – Farsley and Armley clusters
- 17th March – Greenmount Primary School – Beeston cluster
- 24th March – Cookridge Holy Trinity C of E Primary School – Cookridge cluster
- 31st March – Crossley Street Primary School – Wetherby/EPOS cluster
- 21st April – Westerton Primary School – Ardsley & Tingley and Morley clusters
- 28th April – Pudsey Civic Hall – session offered to all Leeds primary schools. This is currently fully booked, however please sign up to the waiting list here. We will offer first refusal when we put on the second one of these in June.
- 19th May – Otley The Whartons Primary School – Otley cluster
- 2nd June – St Bartholomew’s C of E Primary School – Armley cluster
- TBC Colton Primary Sschool – Templenewsam Halton and Seacroft Manston clusters
- TBC – Final Leeds wide session
Any schools interested in attending any of the above sessions, or those interested in hosting a cluster training event – particularly in clusters that have not yet been allocated a session – please contact Sam Mercer directly on firstname.lastname@example.org.